MWAHAHA!
so i have made some progress in my book and i'm happy and . . . .
yet another NEW BOOK CHARACTER! yay!
Meet James Falker!
this is the closest picture i could find of someone who looked like him. He's the guy in the front.
here is a section from my book describing him.Right before this, Alex had just been stolen of her fire powers through tubes in a painful way, while being held captive by James and the Director.
Finally, it came to a stop and I fell limp. I hadn’t noticed that the director had been replaced by his assistant, Falker. He carefully walked toward me rolling a bed like a shopping cart. He undid the straps and helped me down to the bed. The tubes were still connected to me and he attempted to take them off. “’Member me?” he said while working on the tube connected to my left hand.
I breathed, “No.” Did I know him? He was about fourteen years old and his face seemed vaguely familiar.
He laughed, “Didn’t think so, Fire Girl. Who would remember James Falker?” He released a sarcastic laugh.
Oh, James Falker, I knew that name! And Fire Girl, someone used to call me that. From the orphanage? No, I would have remembered him right off the bat. “Cookie Boy?” I asked timidly.
“Hey!” he gave me a friendly nudge, “My little Fire Girl does remember me!” He smiled and released another tube from my wrist.
“Wow,” I laughed, if it was possible in this predicament, “From—from preschool, right?” Preschool was the only public school I went to. I was about four when I met James. He would always bring me cookies from his house and we became really good friends. When he would come over to my house for a play date, I showed him how when I get close to a candle it would always lean toward me whatever way the wind was blowing. He called me Fire Girl in return.
“After you showed me the little candle trick I knew exactly what you were, Flame Whisperer.” He began working on the tube connected to my chest, making me feel uneasy. “Well, you’re not the Flame Whisperer anymore. You’re normal, but that’s okay.”
The subject made my mind go back on track. “Why did you become bad? Why are doing this?”
He looked at me like I had just eaten a tub of butter, “I’m not on the bad side, and you should know that. I’m doing the good-guy work here.”
I gaped at him, “You just tried to kill me!” I yelled, yet my throat felt sore.
James shook his head, “We weren’t going to kill you. I mean, you’re obviously still alive, so is Felix.” He paused, looking at me with soft eyes. There was no spot of evil or badness in his glare. He was a likable guy, with his scruffy, long auburn hair and his soft, unnaturally hazel eyes. He smiled at me with perfectly straight white teeth. “Do you doubt me?” he asked.
Something wasn’t right and it set my teeth on edge. He was on my side, yet he was with the Asi. James, one of the best friends I have ever had in my life thought I was on his side. And to tell you the truth, I hadn’t a clue what side I was on. He was on the good side, protecting a twenty year old man from the world that wanted to kill him. How could that be a bad thing?
The Asi killed Jasmine. There was nothing to it. He has set out to kill my parents and me. And he killed hundreds of other people, innocent humans. Why, though? Another thing I would kill to know.
“The Asi killed my only sister and you’re working for him.” I pursed my lips and glared solemnly at him. “He’s trying to kill me, you twit! What the freak do you think you’re doing?” I tried to punch him in the arm, but my hand was too sore to move.
James didn’t say anything, looking down at the three tubes as if they had the answer.
I said, “Get a life.”
“I have a life!” he yelled in my face. His face was as red as a cherry and he gnawed at his wrist. “You don’t know what it is like to be him,” he said through gritted teeth, lowering his hand. “He has lived the worst life there is, and you’re trying to kill him.” James paused. Clearly this had been very hard for him, thinking that I was with him this whole time and yet I wasn’t. “I thought you were on our side, Alexis.”
“Why did you even get involved in this? Why did you get tangled up in our mess—my mess?” I said, softening my voice down to a whisper.
He put his hand to my cheek, then I noticed how hot his fingers were. I’ve never really been one for people touching me, everyone should know that, but there was something different this time that didn’t give me the urge to yank his hand away. “Why do you think?” he said softly, his eyes sparkling with precipitation. With that he exited the room, leaving me by myself to think things through.

12 comments:
Alex-Max: both boyish names that belong to girls
James-Ari-Voldemort: small child turned evil, we've all heard THAT one before
*********************
I'm telling you this for you're own good, citics are REALLY negative, I'm just preparing you for the real world. I'll be your editor, of course I'm gonna need a backup, Ashtater, if you're reading this. Ashtater can edit the parts I'm not so fond of, I'll do the action scenes, I've got those down pat. I'm a very action-y person, I will also volunteer for the suspenceful parts. Seriously, if you need help, just ask.
Hullo!
I think your book is coming along splendidly! Please insert more of it soon!
Sam, thanks for volunteering to be my editor! i know right? my book is a TON like MR, but i have one big concept that, so far, all the books i have read have not included.
James is, yeah, a lot like voldemort and Ari. chk ur gaggle and i'll email u what the 2nd book is about.
thank you again for helping! i understand that i NEED help! =D
Meoww!!, thnx! i will make sure to add more ASAP!
you finally posted!!!!
Is james falker like a musik star or somthin'? 'cause that picture you made looks weird.....
No, silly.
She got that picture off the internet!
You're not that observant.
Owlways Observant,
no, james isn't a movie star, the picture doesn't show his exact personality. it just looks closest like him.
thank u!
does james have feelings fo alex?
you should haf a kat dat posseses peple.
i like potatoees... -
that would be kinda freaky
why did you choose that name? just wondering
srry, i no this was posted a LONG time ago, but im just now reading ur blog again: um, i no ur almost done with ur book, but the nickname Fire Girl is used a couple times in The Hunger Games.
Post a Comment