Monday, March 5, 2012

Alex vs. Asi

hey, here's another section from my book!
right before this, Alex had summoned the Asi on top of a giant stone bird perched on the tallest skyscraper ever. She is in Brimstone, the Fire City in the sky. Enjoy!

“Alexis,” he hissed, touching my head.
When he spoke it felt like my heart was literally being ripped from my chest. I wailed and clenched my fist and my jaw. I looked up at him with hatred. He dragged his hand down my cheek and grinned at me. I pursed my lips and got to my feet, trying to keep my balance as much as I could. “I—I need to summon someone from the Darkland,” I said with an edge to my voice.
He walked up to me so he was right in my face. Panting I stared up at him with as much anger as I could possibly muster. “And why shouldn’t I just kill you right now?” he asked.
I screamed and dropped to my knees, holding my chest. I felt like I should have killed myself right then. How could I be doing this? I needed to look strong, stronger than I am. I stumbled to get back on my feet. “Give me a break!” I yelled in his face. “I’m thirteen years old and all I want to do is find my mother! You got a problem with that?” I looked him up and down and said, “It’s not like you ever had one.”
Bit of knowledge: if you’re ever in a situation where a guy is trying to kill you on top of a tall building, never shoot him an insult.
“How dare you say that?!” he lifted a hand up to me and I felt myself simultaneously being thrown backwards. Miraculously, I landed in the wings of the bird, but my head was bleeding and exploding with unforgivable pain.
I rubbed the spot on my skull and received a handful of blood. Shaking more than I ever had, I said, “Why did you kill my sister?” my mouth was dry and arms were sore.
“I had a reason, you fool!” he shouted, hurling me toward him. We were face to face again where we could almost kiss, but we’d rather send a knife through each other’s stomach. He grabbed my neck and held me up high.
“Please,” I said, quivering like a chicken in Antarctica.
“If you ever survive, I will meet you there!” he said, disappearing in a flash.

14 comments:

~SolanumViruus said...

Okay, I'm just gonna inform you that it will be EXTREEMLY hard to edit your book over the internet.
When you finish writing it, just print a copy and have me read it, but please use big font.

Meredith Taylor said...

okay SolanumVirus, but i'll just give you small portions at a time. unless i could just send you it through email. =D

~SolanumVirus said...

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

A good book has no ending. ~R.D. Cumming

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke

I know every book of mine by its smell, and I have but to put my nose between the pages to be reminded of all sorts of things. ~George Robert Gissing

My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter. ~Thomas Helm

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney

TV. If kids are entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they'll have with twenty-six. Open your child's imagination. Open a book. ~Author Unknown

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing. ~Harper Lee

Never judge a book by its movie. ~J.W. Eagan

He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot. ~Arabic Proverb

**********************************************
Okay, just thought I'd send you some inspirational quotes!!

LightKnight said...

Woah.....
Where'd you get those quotes?
I've been searching for things to decorate my binder. I <3 reading.
<.,.> Penguins!!

SugarQuill said...

Hey!
I've been looking for some young authors like me and I'd LOVE someone who could give me some advice.

TurtleBug said...

Ima bit konfuzzled.
You're taking portions from your book in no specific order and it so KONFUZZLEZ me.
i know your using descriptionz of what is happening, but i don't understand it that well.
but i'll be sure to buy it when it comes out!
i like to read at my own pace, srry

Meredith Taylor said...

sorry, i'm throwing out random book portions, TurtleBug! it's probably way more konfuzzling 4 evry1 else than i think it iz. . . right now i'm just either trying to explain a person or scene or just get your opinions on my weak ends.
again, sorry! :( at some point all tie it all together somehow!
thnx for kommenting!

Meredith Taylor said...

SugarQuill, that's great that ur writing! isn't it the best thing that's ever happened??? Well, what i would do is for your first draft, make a plan on what you're going to do so you have it all written down. One time i didn't do that in one of my books. i just kept on writing whatever came to my mind. i ended up totally ditching the book and starting from scratch again.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know, jesusfreak101, that your blog rox!!!!!!!!!!

SugarQuill said...

Thanx!!

~SolanumVirus said...

Okay, so, you know how all of the authors' books you've read have a different style? You're gonna need your special signature of writing too. Your readers are going to notice that you always write in 1st person, so they'll notice that IF you do third person, it's not your strong suit. You also write using slang that teens also use, which is good, 'cause it makes your story more relatable. And you should stick to one genre of writing, such as fantasy, or action. I'd say that your genre so far is action, judging by the fragments of your book that I've read.
******
Hope I've helped.

RandomKidWho'sWAYTooEmbarrassedToTellYouHisName said...

I M A NOODL FRIEND!

Marco Swarez said...

I think your book sounds cool, but I'm kinda confuzed 'bout it 'cause you give us random fragments of your book and it's weird.
Hmmmm, I don't really know any suggestions...... maybe if you have magical people one of their powers could be to be able to eat any substance, so they could remove hazerdous materials by eating them or something.

i Do Ze Ponie Pokie! said...

YOU SHOULD WRITE ABOUT PONIES!!